This Novel is a contemporary fairy-tale for grownups. For those who need a genre box it’s “Magic Realism”. If you have a hard time suspending your disbelief, engaging with the fantastical or embracing the transcendent this book is NOT for you; if the reverse, then it’s quite possibly perfect.
A recipe for reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane
1. Box of tissues – you’re going to be doing some crying
2. A dash of time- you’ll be doing quite a lot of reflecting
3. Liberal seasoning of imagination
4. A set of socks- because the pair you’re in will be knocked off!
5. A decent sprinkling of inner child
6. A splash of wonder
Mix thoroughly and enjoy anytime!